W E L C O M E
Hey, everyone, I’ve been asked several times what makeup brands I use to achieve some of my looks so I decided to do a little blog on some of the main products.
“Now, before I start this blog, I did promise a video explaining why I love and use these products not knowing creating a video is NOT A JOKE O! The video has been made, however, I am not impressed with the quality, therefore, I’ve decided not to include it in this blog post until I can make a better one that is up to the standard I want.”
If you know me personally or follow me on Instagram and Snapchat, I’m pretty sure you’re already aware of my love for makeup and how it makes me look. However, I am very sceptical when it comes to changing products or using a product I am not particularly familiar with, I rather just stick to what I know and what works for me unless I am 100% sure of the product and it’s outcome. My skin is extremely sensitive and the littlest discomfort can trigger major unwanted spots (Ain’t nobody got time for that), so because of this specific reason I’ve been using the same foundation brand since I started wearing makeup. I’ve tried other brands likes Mac, L’oreal, Maybelline, Black Opal and Sleek but none of them gave me the coverage and perfect shade Mary Kay does. Mac foundation was the worst one I tried out some years back, it made me break out constantly so I gave up on it after I finished the bottle. Mary Kay was actually the first makeup brand I was introduced to when I first started wearing makeup as my mother was a consultant for them a very long time ago and best believe when I say it’s the best one for me.
Okay, so I am going to go through each makeup brand as my video didn’t come out the way I wanted. These are also the products I used to achieve the look in my picture above except the eyeshadow. On a daily basis, I never wear eyeshadow or contour my face unless I am going out for an occasion. The reason for this is simply because firstly, I don’t have the time and secondly, I don’t want my face to feel too heavy during the day as my skin is super oily and it can get a little frustrating.
- Lips Before Makeup: Nivea Original Care chapstick
- Foundation Primer: Mary Kay Sunscreen Spf 15
- Corrector: LA Girl Pro (chestnut) I use this to cover all the little blackheads on my face
- Eyebrows: I use a normal brown eyebrow pencil from any cosmetic shop, then apply the Mac Pro Longwear Waterproof Brown Set (brown ebony)
- Concealer: To neaten up my eyebrows, I use NYX Gotcha Covered (deep profound) and Mac Studio Finish Concealer (NW25)
- Foundation: Mary Kay (bronze 5)
- Concealer: For my highlights, I use LA Girl Pro (fawn)
- Face Powder: Mac Pro Longwear Powder/Pressed (dark)
- Setting Powder: Sasha (buttercup)
- Eyeshadow: Mac Nutcracker Sweet Smokey Eye Compact
- Liquid Eyeliner: Mac Selena (boot black)
- Mascara: Sleek Volume&Curl (black)
- Blusher: Sleek, unfortunately, I’ve had this blusher for years so the colour name has faded away
- Lips: Do Rosario (#25) this cosmetic brand belongs to a friend. Her matte liquid lipsticks are absolutely amazing. (@dorosariocosmetic)
Before buying any of these products please make sure that it matches your skin tone.
Thank you very much for reading, I hope this blog was helpful.