LAWYERS AND CO
CLASSY OUTFITS FOR LAW STUDENTS AND LEGAL PROFESSIONALS
Today’s Young Entrepreneur Of The Week (YEW) is doing something I’ve personally never thought of, which means, Yes, I am impressed. Maame Dufie Forkuo Kyei is a highly-motivated student studying at Springfield College, in Massachusetts, where she is pursuing a Criminal Justice major, and an Economic minor. Maame believes that there is no limit when it comes to greatness and that is the only thing she’s aiming for. She describes herself as a unique person with a distinct personality to stand out all the time for the best of reasons only. Maame always seeks to go the extra mile to empower herself and others by reaching for the best in life. She is also a Legal Assistant at Dunn and Phillips P.C, a law from in Massachusetts, USA. Her dream is to become a lawyer, an entrepreneur, and a great philanthropist than she already is. She has a passion for impacting on and inspiring the lives of many.
For the past three years, this ambitious young lady has also been running a very successful charity organisation called Oniwaa Foundation, which aims at improving the education and basic well-being of a section of people in Ghana.
Lawyers And Co is a clothing company specialised in providing classy outfits for law students and legal professionals.
- What is your name? – Maame Dufie Forkuo Kyei
- Where are you from? – Ghana. I live in Accra but my family is originally from Kumasi.
- What is the name of your company? – LawyersandCo
- Where is the company located? – Mainly online but I work from school and home in the USA.
- When was the company established? – Around December 2016
- How did you get the idea? – As an aspiring lawyer, I was thinking about ways to improve the law student and legal experience, so I did.
- Was it something you’ve always wanted to do? – Being a lawyer is something I have always wanted to do, and I this idea came as part of the territory.
- What has been the ups and downs while creating the company or after creating it? – Getting the right people who have as much passion as you for the ideas you have- this has been my biggest struggle. Without the right help, you are on your own. One perk is seeing the progress you are making and how much of an impact you are making or planning to make come to life.
- Where do you see this company in 5 years time? – The biggest clothing line and production company for lawyers, law students and other legal professionals in Africa.
- Is your business a full-time self-employed occupation or a side occupation? – It’s a part time occupation. I’m a student, Legal Assistant and I run a charity organisation as well. Definitely a part-time venture.
- What advice would you give to anyone trying to emerge in the same business? – Be prepared- completely prepared. Plan every step out before you begin.
- Do you have any social media platforms for the company? ( if yes, please provide it) – Yes! LawyersandCo on Instagram, Facebook.
I will like to thank the very confident and ambitious, Maame Dufie, for taking part in the Young Entrepreneur Of The Week (YEW) activity and wish all the best of luck in the future.